Earlier this month, Brabham held its first-ever NAIDOC Week celebration with great success and an amazing 200 attendees.
It was a wonderful event that united the community around NAIDOC Week, and to showcase Honeycomb Park as a wonderful asset.
Here are some of our favourite highlights...
- A number of community groups, including Brabham Blokes, Brabham Multicultural Club, Brabham Racers, and BeFriend, supported the event
- The Mayor and seven local City of Swan councillors attended the event
- Elders from the City of Swan performed a Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony, sharing their knowledge of their culture and traditions
- The Binar Dancers from Binar Futures did a fantastic job and engaged the audience
- Two Elders from the southwest region led Story Time. They enchanted children and adults alike with their traditional artefacts and stories
- Local Not For Profit BeFriend ran arts and crafts activities, which were very popular with the kids