$31M ROADWORKS LINK GOOGONG TO REGION
Tuesday, 2 April, 2019
$31m roadworks to link Googong to region
Major roadworks are underway to improve access to Googong. Roadworks include the 4.5km long duplication of Old Cooma Road from Edwin Land Parkway to the entrance to Googong - widening and straightening the road with two lanes in each direction. It will also have provision for cyclists and a 2.5 metre off road shared path. Full plans and details can be viewed here.
Infrastructure within the township is also accelerating:
- Googong North Village Centre is open with an IGA Supermarket, Liquor & Co. store, Club Lime Gym, childcare centre, Domino's Pizza, and cafe and restaurant. Final plans are underway for the pub, GP, dentist, Discount Pharmacy and allied health services area.
- The Anglican School Googong takes enrolments from Early Learning to Year 9, and will grow each year to year 12.
- Funding for the design of the Googong Public Primary School was granted last year, and a site has been gifted to NSW Government.
- We have commenced construction on our $143m Manuka-sized shopping and entertainment precinct at Googong Central.
- And you might also be suprised to learn that 1800 lots have been sold and over 3,500 people already live here.
So why not take a closer look at Googong: Visit our 18-home display village (open Saturday to Wednesday), or our Sales and Information Centre (open every day). See googong.net for details.